Hello!

Welcome to this graduate student's new blog, a site for all sorts of musings related to my mission of becoming a high school English and Japanese teacher.

Me, at the top of Matanuska Peak, 2015

♪How did I get here?♪

(Comment if you caught the reference!)

After almost three years of reporting for a local newspaper, I quit my job and started substitute teaching full time. I thought it might be a short-term gig I would enjoy, and one that would give me experience for the job I had applied to in October: teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) in Japan. In seven months I think I taught every grade from kindergarten to 12th in 14 different schools, all the while waiting to hear I would be shipping off in July of 2017.

In short, I didn't get the job, but I did get hired to coach high school soccer, locally, this spring, and was able to squeak into some education classes this summer.

What now?

Watch and learn (or laugh) as I navigate the Master of Arts in Teaching program at the University of Alaska.


<<<<<< Subscribe <<<<<<<<<<

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts